Saturday 23 March 2013

Monotangle Challenge 03

Roy at Mindful Creations posted his third Monotangle Challenge today, this was not just my first challenge but also the first page in my new book brought especially for zentangling. I decided that I would learn a new tangle for this challenge (as I don't know many that isn't hard), I used candleglow, and enjoyed experimenting - although you can see at the bottom of the page I made a big boo-boo and ended up hiding it behind an even uglier flower, but it was too late to start again and I've only been doing it a few days, so hey-ho.

I drew out the template then spent 20 minutes worrying about where and how to start, I had an original idea but the end result ended up nothing like it as I kept changing my mind as I worked.

What I learnt: Don't be scared of templates, my copic caoi markers bleed through the page but I love C-1, my pad is fairly large (maybe 20cm by 20cm) and therefore zentagles take a lot longer than 15 minutes.

Any comments and tips welcome.

Katrina

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Katrina! you are very brave, I admire your enthusiasm. I really like your submission - it's very elegant - love the composition, how you've added a border - wonderful! Looking forward to seeing more of your work around the traps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like what you did and the tangle you have chosen. And .... ther is nothing wrong with the sweet flower.
    Hope to see you more often here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, welcome you did a great job. It looks stunning. Thanks for joining in the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of your kind words.

    ReplyDelete