Saturday 23 March 2013

The Beginning

A few years ago I was introduced very briefly to zentangling. I saw a few pictures, created my own designs based on these and quickly grew bored as I was stuck unable to create the different patterns, and uninspired. I hadn't done my research and didn't realise there were website with instructions, and official zentangles, books etc. Then last week I joined Pinterest and noticed a few zentangles, this quickly reminded me that I loved tangling and sent me into research mode. I discovered some website where there are tutorials, some weekly dares and challenges. As it was mid-week I played with what I had, some old coloured luggage tags, a biro, cheap black pen. Gradually across the week I have discovered new patterns: I downloaded One Zentangle a Day: A six-week course in creative drawing for relaxation, inspiration and fun by Beckah Krahula. And then today my amazon order of grey copic ciao markers came in the post, and I got to the stationary shop in town 9who ever said this was a cheap hobby was lying): I created this blog so that I can join in with the challenges and dares, chart my improvements (I hope there are some) and hopefully get in contact with other zentanglers.

No comments:

Post a Comment