Wednesday 10 April 2013

I an the Diva Challenge 113 and update

This week the Diva had us draw a square within a square within a square to act as the string. I did consider keeping it simple but some of the sections were quite big and I decided I would get bored so drew a cross through the whole thrig to divide the sections up.
I'm happy with parts of the final piece and got to try a few new tangles that I learnt this week.
 
I also decided to go back to the start of the Diva's challenges as I'm new to this and thought it would give me some ideas and inspiration. The first challenge was called 'Simplicity' and the plan was to keep it simple so I went for a monotangle. The page in my journal is cut into a triangle as this is how my journal is graduated at the moment.
 I also completed the second challenge which was called 'Two pencil string' where you had to hold two pencils in your hand to create the string. I'm really happy with this one as I like the flow and the whiteness in the background, I think it looks more confident than some of my other tangles.
 
 I'm tempted to start the next one now but it's 1 in the morning (which explains the stripy pyjamas) and I have marking to do all day tomorrow so should really go to bed.

8 comments:

  1. I love your square within a square . . . so much to see but it all flows and fits very well.
    I also love your other two tiles. I, too, just completed Challenges 1 and 2 (tonight as a matter of fact) but I don't like either of them . . . LOL. Yours, though, are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought you were new at this, your work is very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh - You're new to Zentangle? Couldn't tell because your work is very creative and your patterns flow together nicely. Great job!

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Katrina, you are going well, congratulations on your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are new to zentangle art you must be a natural. The tiles you are displaying are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, yummy tangled square!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your squares on purple backgroud! Hope to see you here more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tile is lovely! I like the tangles you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete